Vast urban revitalization operation in the City of Ath hearth starting with the decommissioning of the former Esplanade clinic.
- Location: Ath
- Programme: Urban revitalization
- Surface Area: 7.200 m²
- Year: 2000 - 2009
- Market: Public
- Client: Région Wallonne
In addition to a Rest and Nursing Home, a assisted living residence and an Intergenerational Centre, the project includes:
• The creation of a semi-public park;
• Opening up the Camberfosse dead-end road and the creation of a new public square along the Athenaeum;
• Renovation of Jaurès Street, Gasometer Street and Camberfosse Street;
• The development of the upper part of the Esplanade, with car park and development of the remains of the ancient Brussels gate (Vauban ruins).
Architectes P Debaeke - MS Hubert - D Daive